Monday, October 25, 2010

Overcome the Resistance

You know it's been said that we just don't recognize the important moments in our life while they are happening. I don't think this has ever been more true for me than right now. Right now I feel stuck in a worthless situation. A point in my life where very little makes sense. A time when the future seems desolate and hopeless (job-wise).

However, as I've been really thinking about all of this for the past few weeks, I've recently come to a conclusion. I am at a crossroads right now. I can give in to the resistance (that voice in your head saying you can't do this, that you should just give up, find something comfortable and be happy with it) or I can push through, do what's hard, what many people are not willing to do and hope that there is a reward for hard work and perseverance.

If I quit now, I don't know if I could come back from it. I have had minor successes at a few things in life, but all in all, when it came down to it, I gave in to the resistance and fear and quit. Whether it was sports, school or just daily challenges, this pattern remained constant.

If I push through the fear and uncertainty and find a way to succeed, I feel like it could be the start of many achievements, that I could maybe finally start to live up to my potential.

In trying to motivate myself, I often find myself going back to this clip from The Pursuit of Happiness...

No comments:

Post a Comment