I’ve found in this world a God I can love
He comforts me in pain, like a calm soothing dove
He fits into my life when I need him the most
A word of encouragement wrapped in a neat little bow
My God is perfect and loving where he sits in a box
Bring calm to my anger and peace to my flocks
I promise I’ll call when I’m hurt and alone
And justify my rights through all I condone
Yes, my God in my box is all that I need
I call out thy name with every empty deed
I sit and I ponder while the destitute moan
With comfort and peace I worship his throne
But the Lord of creation sees through our sweet rhyme
A penny for salvation and love for a dime
A religion void of true faith is all that we pay
With nice, neat lines and some words you should say
A prayer for redemption is what we need on this day
To come back from the fallen, to come back to the Way
Cause the Lord we confess sees through our hollow shell
We’re the bitter and cold and look more like hell
No comments:
Post a Comment